Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another bike

I finished building my 8th bike yesterday. It's been almost a year since I finished #7: my friend's Orbea Orca. And shortly before that I completed my very own Kuota KOM. This time it is a Parlee Z4 that Alistair will race next year. Although I am re-using a lot of older and somewhat heavier components including a 2006 Campagnolo crank with Chorus BB, the bike weighs in at just under 17 pounds. That is with the older LOOK pedals that are on there now and that I will swap out for new Speedplay Zero's once the season starts. The bike is all Campy Record 10 speed with a Thomson Elite seatpost and Deda Magic handlebars.

Although I have only done a few short test rides, the Parlee feels nice and solid. I also love the way it looks. The tubes are modestly oversized but still slender enough to be elegant. There is none of that squarish boxy look of the Tarmac SL2. The bike has a nice finish and the superficial carbon uniweave creates a beautiful pattern on the top tube. This is one beauty on wheels!

New Parlee

No comments: