Sunday, March 8, 2009

Busy weekend

This weekend's action started with the Berkeley Hills Team time trial. Alistair was signed up with Marcus Smith, but he has been sick all week and so he was quite anxious before the start. Things went more or less OK, although he could not keep up with Marcus on the climbs -he is a faster climber than Marcus.

That made him feel bad about letting his team down. However, I think he did quite well considering the state he was in. He still has a cold as a leftover from a week long flu with some pretty bad diarrhea and stomach upsets. He stayed home from school for 3 days.

I took my mountain bike and rode up Papa  Bear and part of Mamma, where I waited for them to show, then I rode back with them over Papa to the parking lot. After we got home, I rode another 10 miles. The weather was good and I rode quite hard. I was quite tired afterwards.

Today I went for a swim. I swam 150 laps (3,000 yrds), all free-style with no stops. It has been a while since I last swam but it went fine. I took the kids and they played in the water for a while.

I heard we had two more people signing up for Team Cindy at Ironman Lake Placid. Slowly but surely I guess. Can't ignore the bad economy;)

No comments: