Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Happy New Year Everybody !

I finished the year with a non-stop, 1.75 mile freestyle swim at a good pace. By the end, my lower leg and foot were near cramping. Not sure why that happens as I do not use my legs all that much while freestyling. Probably need to swim a bit more and add in a bit more distance. These are some of the longest all-freestyle swims I have done, ever.

Not sure yet what I will do today. Unlike yesterday, the weather is a lot cooler and there is plenty of fog. We had some clearing earlier and some sun but it did not last. Tomorrow it may rain they say, but then the weather should improve. I may go to the club and run a bit on the treadmill later on.

Added later: I did run for about one hour on the treadmill. Covered 8.2 miles, not bad, but I had to work pretty hard to get there. To my credit, I can add that the exercise room at the club is quite hot and so running there is rather stressful. I think we will have to bite the bullet and buy a new treadmill for home.

No comments: